The Veteran’s Community Media Center
As of May 1st, 2013, The Happiness Institute! is pleased to announce our alliance and collaboration with the Veterans Community Media Center of San Francisco (co-founded by longtime war veteran activists Ellison Horne and JeanChas Morris). The center plans to open in June, 2013.
They will be using the space at 1720 Market Street to create a community center for veterans of all ages to explore media, technology, and entrepreneurship. We truly believe that it’s mission of exploring what ‘makes you come alive’ is aligned with this important work…
The goals of the Veterans Community Media Center of San Francisco:
- Provide a space and resources to help veterans tell their stories
- Provide media and other tools to learn the process of story telling, and to help others tell their stories
- Help veterans become capable, familiar, and empowered with resources provided by modern technology
- Provide a place where veterans can socialize and engage with their peers and the larger community (create an intersection between these communities)
- Host a space where veterans can talk about their experiences and plan projects together
- Produce programming around veterans issues, such as ‘right livelihood’, job searching, resume building, entrepreneurship, and learning the tools of technology
The space will include a community lounge which will feature artwork by veterans, as well as a place to relax and get connected.
Please support the Veterans Community Media Center on Facebook!